Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Third time is the charm?

So three months almost to the day from the last surgery, I had another surgery.
The thought was that maybe a pin had come loose and I might have a rotator cuff tear.

I was supposed to wear something button down, since getting stuff over my head was going to be difficult. And something I would be comfortable in all day. And something warm, since I had wicked chills coming out of the anesthesia the last two times.
Clearly, this can only be satisfied by pink flannel French Kitty pajamas.

Well, the surgery took some time, and it turns out I didn't have a rotator cuff tear. I had a bone spur (!) which was rubbing on the rotator cuff tendon causing inflamation. And one of the pins had broken in half and part of it was floating around causing issues. Funny how something so small can cause so much pain. Sort of like constantly having an eyelash in your eye.

It immediately felt so much better than the last two times. I'm working on Range of Motion almost exclusively since they also found that I have a freakish ability to grow scar tissue.

Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Rainmaker said...

That's good to hear that it's much better this time around!

Plus, how can you possibly have a bad hospital experiance if you're wearing Pink Flannel French Kitty pajamas. I know I never have any issues wearing that wardrobe.

Good luck on the recovery!