Thursday, March 5, 2009

If I had a million dollars, Second Verse

In wanting to get updates on the Tour De France a couple years ago, I wound up on the Carmichael Training System’s emailing list.

Weekly, I get emails about climbing and biking camps all over the country. Since I don’t live in Boulder, it would require travel, hotel stays, etc. in addition to the (high) cost of the camp itself.

But if I ever became a lady of leisure, I would:
Hire a full time coach
Go to various sports camps for stuff I suck at
Pay someone to wash my hair once a week. Seriously, that’s divine.
Laser etch the Jolly Roger on the moon.
Get massages twice a week.


I would also do this:
“Welcome to The Surf Diva Costa Rica Surf Adventure!

Surf Diva School has enjoyed its reputation as the world's #1 surf school for women for more than 10 years! The original surf school opened in La Jolla, California in 1996. Since then, Surf Diva has taught thousands of women, men and children from all over the world how to surf. Based on this success, Surf Diva Surf School opened The Surf Diva Costa Rica Surf Adventure in 2004. Now in its fourth year, the all-inclusive surf camp for women and families is ideal for surf enthusiasts of every level from beginners to experienced wave-riders.”

What's Included:
Ground transportation to and from San Jose, Costa Rica
7 days, 6 nights accommodation
2 surf lessons each day, including equipment usage
Light, Surfer's Yoga 4 days a week
One massage for the week
Pre-surf fruit and coffee each day
Post-surf Costa Rican brunch each day
Dinner at a different restaurant each night
Surf Diva goody bag, including: Surf Diva tote, Surf Diva rashguard, Surf Diva flashlight, currency conversion chart, Surf Diva baseball hat, Surf Diva t-shirt

A crew teammate went, it was an anniversary gift from her husband. I looked it up and have been daydreaming about it ever since.

I’m from the beach, and I never learned to surf. And this just sounds like paradise.
Maybe next year. One fantasy at a time and this year is Ironman.

http://www.surfdivacostarica.com/

No comments: