Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Because you can't spell petulant without PT

My PT practice is severely overbooked. That or they're blowing me off. Either way I'm not really making progress at this point and I'm a little pissed about it.

I could have stopped therapy about a month ago if I didn't care about things like rowing, swimming, or snapping my bra on my own. But I do care about these things, a lot.

The drama started about a month ago. Apparently they got really busy and overbooked. When booking my set of 4 weeks, I was told there weren't slots open and we would have to play it by ear. Then came a week where I only had one session that week, which could seriously compromise my rehab. After bitching and moaning on my part, and notifying my therapist, the receptionist was told to work me in. For the last two weeks I've been double booked with another patient meaning that I spend the first 45 minutes of an hour long session doing circuit training by myself then at the end the therapist stretches things out.

Today was the end of my patience. I had been double booked with one therapist, I showed up to my appointment only to be told I had been bumped to a third therapist whom I had never met before. Every time I switch therapists there's a catch-up period where they try to figure out what I should be doing, what's normal for me, what I should be doing at home ...

I had also already told them that I would be trying to layer in activity as much as possible now that things are winding down. How do they know if swimming or rowing is causing damage or stability issues if they don't even know what my baseline is?

Most of all I'm irritated because this was all without notice. If they had told me this was how it was going to be when I booked my last set, I would have found a new practice and now it's too late.

I'm going to sit on it another day, and then talk to the ortho and get his opinion.

1 comment:

Rainmaker said...

In the words of Dumb and Dumber - I think you need to go to the PT folks and 'Kick some ass sea bass'. Just sayin'.

Hopefully they'll sort it out and you'll be all set soon.