Wednesday, August 29, 2007

This Beach Rocks

I have been broken and thus not blogging. I will endeavor to catch up.

Earlier in September, I returned to the Materland of VA Beach for the Rock N Roll half marathon. Much as I had hoped this wuld be a race for me, I had some limitations, and thus was just trying to finish healthy. The Thursday after Labor Day I was having surgery to fix the psychic shoulder, so this was my last hurrah for the season. At the same time, I didn't want to do anything that would make them postpone it (weird electrolyte levels, another kidney stone, etc.).

I took it slow, treated it like quality heart rate training time.

I did completely lose my temper near the end. Walk right, run left. It's not that hard. I don't care what kind of walk/run program you are on. Walk right, run left. And no f-ing headphones. Especially if you are walking on the left. Or my personal favorite, walking on the left in a row, talking on your cell phone. During a race. Not to mention, if you plan on walking the entirety of the race, don't line up in the 2:30 corral. You are the people who make my morning commute hell by driving 50 in the left lane while shaving. You are a race escalump.

Funny stuff you missed:

There was Elvis running, a juggler, a woman in a wedding dress, a guy in a '70's blue tux, and Spongebob Squarepants!

And the on-ramp leprechauns.

Funny t-shirts:

"Race official: Do not pass"

"Will run for chocolate"

"The end is beer"

And funny signs:

"Run if you think I'm hot!"

"Your hair looks great!"

No comments: