Monday, June 11, 2007

A little Friendly Family Competition?

I love the Virginia Beach Rock n Roll half marathon. There are bands every mile or so, cheerleaders, pirates, beer, and holiday themed cheering squads. It's along the board walk, and it was my first half marathon, and you know what they say, you always remember your first. As part of my training, and because I love this race, I signed up for it again this year. I just found out that the new boy's younger sister who is my age, is training for it as well. So now, I have new training motivation: beat new boy's sister. This is slightly more likely than winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning. Did I mention she had a full ride to college on a basketball scholarship? And she is farther along in her training. I wonder how much I can accomplish training-wise in three months ...

No comments: