Monday, December 17, 2007

Erin Go Brrrrrrrrrrr

Friday, I got cleared to go forth and exercise, which was lucky since I had signed up for the Celtic Five Miler which was the next day.

It's not that I enjoy running in the freezing cold on hills, I don't. It's that this race always has the most awesome premiums. Gorgeous celtic designs on Brooks running gear. And cheap. I had already paid for the jacket and I couldn't very well wear the jacket without running the race. So Lead Legs Kevin and I hiked up to Baltimore for the privilege of running in sub-arctic temperatures.

It turned to be a pretty morning, clear and COLD. And a fair number of both the tri team and the tri club were there. I had a good time. It felt good to run. And I wasn't last, I was second to last, but I wasn't last. And that was fine considering all that had gone on in the weeks before, and that I stopped at the car to divest one of my fourteen layers of clothes. And I'm finally on the board with the USAT challenge.




People who run faster than me.

No comments: