Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Major Payne

Today I almost passed out again at PT. The walls got all sparkly, and then the PT made me drink some water.

The good news: I'm gaining range of motion vertically, the bad news: even with all the agony, I'm losing it in rotation. My muscles are locking. And even pulling things out of whack with the cramping.

I am living so far beyond my pain threshold. I've gotten into the pattern of coming home from PT, eating a carb heavy breakfast, and passing out under a hypoglycemic daze. No, this isn't smart or remotely healthy, but it does let me escape from the pain for a few hours. It's gotten to the point where I can't eat before PT since the pain makes me so nauseous. Today, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to drive home. Sitting in traffic with the seat belt over my shoulder going to work was out of the question. I feel really guilty for working from home so much, I really love my job and my co-workers. I'm trying to remind myself that this is necessary to be whole and healthy again and the pain is temporary.

No comments: